For 15 years, Greg Krikorian has been an advocate for students as member and Past President of the Glendale Unified School District Board of Education. Krikorian helped Glendale schools keep K-3 classroom sizes small, maintain 180-day school year, avoid teacher layoffs, and help schools in the district achieve academic excellence. For Krikorian, the number one priority has always been about protecting the classroom. While budget cuts have been unavoidable in some areas, Krikorian has advocated and succeeded in protecting the classroom from California’s budget cuts. During Krikorian’s tenure on the Board of Education, the district’s API scores have trended upwards – 25 Glendale USD schools have been included in California’s list of distinguished schools, and 9 schools have been awarded the National Blue Ribbon status.
Greg and his wife of 27 years, Christine, have five children – four have graduated from the Glendale Unified School District and one is currently attending Hoover High School as a sophomore. Krikorian has a Masters of Arts in Organizational Leadership from Woodbury University in Burbank; Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University; a Masters in Governance from California School Boards Association “CSBA”.
Greg is also Vice President of Business Development for Business Life and Senior Living magazines, which have serve the business and senior communities of Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, Los Angeles County, Foothills, San Gabriel and San Fernando Valleys for over 27 years.
Commitment to Education:
- Past President and Member of Glendale Board of Education (2001-Present)
- Five Star Education Coalition (Burbank, Glendale, La Canada, and Pasadena)
- Glendale Educational Foundation, “GEF” Founding Board Member
- California School Boards Association, CSBA Legislative Committee
- California School Boards Association, Delegate Region 23A
- Los Angeles County School Trustees Association (2003-2010)
- Verdugo Hills Boy Scouts of America
- Glendale PTA (1994-Present)
- Kiwanis Club of Glendale (1990- 2015)
- Glendale Unified School District, Dental Instructor for Glendale Healthy Kids Program
- AYSO Soccer, Region 88 Coach & Referee (1997-2013)
- Jewel City-JWV Little League, President & Board Member (1996-2012)
- VICA – Education Committee (2009-Present)